Are you ready for the next step in your career or organization or do you feel trapped in a no-win situation? Do you sometimes wish you had a mentor or trusted colleague who you could confide in that would help you see things from a fresh new perspective? Through executive coaching, Lynn has helped a number of professionals to:
- Prepare for and attain that next promotion.
- Refine executive presence for board or senior level positions.
- Figure out how to do more with fewer resources.
- Reduce stress while increasing effectiveness.
- Achieve work and personal balance.
- Delegate effectively.
- Avoid “derailment” with a company or your customer.
- Increase their ability to sell and influence within their company and in the marketplace.
- Effectively develop extended relationships from a satellite office.
- Navigate the political environment.
- Eliminate the loneliness-at-the-top syndrome.
- Stay focused on what is important.
- Developing your personal branding strategy.
Lynn Dessert utilizes her experience and time-tested best practices to enable individuals and organizations just like yours to establish and achieve personal, managerial, and organizational goals. She works privately with senior executives to confidentially address sensitive issues. Leadership Breakthrough offers flexible sessions to meet the executive’s demanding schedule.
“Lynn has provided our company with excellent training and development expertise. I have utilized Lynn’s expertise in several group training sessions as well as for individual leadership training. She has always delivered excellent results. I highly recommend her!”
- Gary Raley, President & COO, Johnson Polymer – currently on the Board of Directors, Bemis Manufacturing
Why an Executive Coach?
A professional coach is engaged to explore an individual’s personal or professional development. The coaching environment provides a safe haven for risk-taking and for acquiring and testing new skills. It also boosts productivity and morale through the evaluation of past experiences and the establishment of new objectives and expectations.
Finally, coaching achieves more powerful results as Lynn is there to assist you over a period of time, unlike traditional seminars and training sessions.
How Executive Coaching Works
Each person is screened before being accepted as a client. The first step is to determine the likelihood that you are ready to be coached. Take this assessment to find out today.
Individuals who are ready will be invited to participate in a one hour consultation to determine if there is a basis for a productive coaching relationship. This discussion will not focus on solving the issue; it is to determine compatibility.
Once accepted as a client, a process is defined such as:
1. Assessing the Situation. Assessments include the use of several industry standard tools, including Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Benchmarks, and the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI). Additionally, feedback may be drawn from your boss, peers, and subordinates regarding your strengths and areas of opportunities. The results enable Lynn to identify issues and craft strategies for improvement in many areas such as:
- Developing personal self-awareness
- Individual/group diagnosis and intervention
- Leveraging individual and team capabilities
- Customer/selling strategies
- Conflict resolution and problem solving
- Learning challenges
- Work redesign
- Cultural development
- Effective communication
- Career change
2. Establishing Clear Goals. With Lynn’s assistance, you will be able to clearly identify areas for development and attainable goals and make these changes a reality. In addition, these goals will be attached to milestones and timelines to insure a smoother implementation.
3. Breaking through the Obstacles. How well do you receive feedback from your customers, subordinates, peers, and boss? Lynn is your sanity check and sounding board for new ideas and approaches to reach your goals such as receptivity and openness to trying new ways of doing things fuels success.
4. Opening the Door to Success. Knowledge and the ability to embrace change often gives individuals and organizations the courage and tools to successfully open the door to new opportunities. Your candor and openness with Lynn will provide quicker results. By recognizing and stopping self-defeating behaviors, you will take responsibility for yourself and results will happen!
Leadership Breakthrough, Inc. specializes in several forms of coaching:
- Leadership Development
- Executive Human Resources Skill Development
- Performance Development
- Career Exploration and Change
Additional Coaching Program Information
There are four types of executive coaching programs:
- Per session
- Six months
- One year
- 18 months
It is important to recognize that one program does not satisfy the needs of the client. Each program is designed to provide the necessary time and support for you to be successful.
If you are personally investing in your own development, review our individual services – Private Executive & Career Coaching Programs.
To find out more about Lynn’s approach or to receive personal development information weekly, subscribe to Elephants at Work. If you believe you are ready for consideration in one of our programs, please contact us below or call (585) 249-5149 to arrange an interview.